Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ross' Hill Climb

This should be short.

I had been feeling like rubbish during the days leading up to this race. I couldn't stomach anything the morning of and headed to the race on a couple glasses of water and some OJ. There was a fairly small race turnout so the 1/2/3's rolled out together. I started to feel alright as we approached the climb and made it over some short rises feeling pretty well. I was hanging in the middle of the pack and was feeling great. We crossed a couple cattle guards and The road mellowed out. I was feeling really great when all of a sudden, I started to fall back.

Flat.

My first flat in 22 races. Why?

Anyways...I got a ride up...then back down...It was a really goregous road and I loved the area. I really want to move up there now..tons of roads and tons of climbing (rock) spots.

I am not sure if I can afford anymore road races before August or September..I am riding to Yosemite for some epic climbing and then going to Mexico for a week a few days after I get home...

Maybe I should just focus on prepping for 'cross.

No comments: